Senior Refined Products Trader
Our Client is dedicated to the acquisition and build out of strategic midstream assets such as refineries, gas plants, pipelines, storage, rail, downstream and export assets.
Currently there is an immediate opening for a Senior Refined Products Trader. This position will play a prominent role in developing and implementing our clients marketing strategy for current and growing downstream refined product volumes.
Summary of Responsibilities:
* Evaluating physical arbitrage opportunities in refined products including but not limited to diesel, gasoline, biodiesel and renewable energy commodities
* Executing physical deals in accordance with company risk management policies and procedures
* Quantitative analysis supporting marketing opportunities
* Coordinate with logistics team responsible for physical movements associated with refined products deals
* Assess and manage financial risk associated with physical deals
* Previous commodity trading and financial hedging experience
* Knowledge of refined product specifications
* Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills – advanced Excel including Excel modeling
* Detail oriented with very strong analytical and problem-solving skills and experience
* Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively
* Possess a sense of urgency and accountability, ability to respond to tight deadline requirements
* Must have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
* Positive and professional attitude and the ability to work well in a team environment
* Strong communication skills with a proven ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
* Ability to demonstrate initiative by undertaking tasks independently
* CFA Designation
Please note this role requires a full-time commitment with evenings and weekend work required.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
* we value Life
* we Rise to the Challenge
* we are Stronger Together
* we Unlock Brilliance