Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Senior Project Planning Engineer to join their client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
The successful candidate will deliver and maintain realistic and consistent project plans, reflecting the assessed risk parameters for P&T projects for SOV & NOV projects in the front-end (pre-DG3) and some NOV projects post-DG3.
- Support company and project HSE goals and all HSE-related initiatives. Encourage the personal safety and well-being of co-workers by regularly addressing HSE behavior.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements. Develop the key dates, milestones, activities, logic, resources, and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance. Monitoring and reporting of the project schedule. Regular re-forecasting of remaining man hours.
- Develop, implement, and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct regular schedule progress updates, forecasts, critical path, and trend analyses, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain project status reports.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternative approaches to optimise the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge project engineering personnel to ensure a clear understanding of the key scheduled sensitivities and drivers.
- Contribute to the translation of the project's risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of scheduled completion dates.
- Implement and utilise the client's standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) after work.
- The development of subsea, topsides, and/or onshore brownfield schedules at levels 0, 1, 2, and 3 using regional tools.
- Review the schedule baseline regularly. Participate in reviewing scope changes, extra work authorisations, and change orders. Carry out schedule impact analysis as and when required.
- Reporting regularly to the FEDM/Concept Engineer/Project Manager and liaising where required with the other disciplines in the project team and the company's organisation. Utilising cost control tools to download man hours for productivity reporting.
- Updating schedules at weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly intervals during the project lifecycle and generating revised completion dates. Identify corrective action to retain the schedule as necessary. Carry out re-baseline work as required.
- Providing the project team with timely and adequate schedule information and assisting the technical project team on matters relating to planning and scheduling issues.
- Attend and proactively participate in the weekly project and departmental meetings.
- Coordinating schedule manpower planning activities and productivity for the project team.
- Provide input for the preparation and issuing of monthly progress and KPI reports.
- Liaise with estimating and cost control as and when required to build and report on project schedules.
- Attend peer assists, peer reviews, ESARs, and assist as required.
- PSIF - deliver the PSIF scalably for each front-end opportunity.
- ESFS - deliver the ESFS for each appropriate opportunity following the client's local guidance.
- ESBR - deliver the ESBR for each opportunity following the client's local guidance.
- Customer feedback - collect customer feedback after the completion of each opportunity.
- Sharepoint upload - upload the schedule, estimate, and ESBR to the service delivery area after the completion of each opportunity.
- Reviews - undertake the appropriate assurance reviews (PEER, line, and TA).
- Engineering degree and/or certification as a planning engineer or equivalent experience.
- Relevant industry experience in planning positions.
- Good analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Fully versed in planning principles and techniques.
- Competent with Microsoft office products, in particular Excel, and Primavera P6.