Senior Project Manager
Position: Contract to Permanent
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Our client is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Engineer who will manage and coordinate multidiscipline engineering and procurement activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner; act as primary interface with client to ensure that the client’s expectations are satisfied; and ensure the project conforms to the client’s approved Basis of Design and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective management of contract, including change management and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Ensure effective handover from Business Development Group.
- Ensure a clear definition of scope and compliance with requirements of the contract.
- Apply an effective change control process.
- Manage and monitor project performance on an ongoing basis to identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive action.
- Effectively manage project interfaces, including use of global resources.
- Manage the design, procurement, and construction activities to meet the project schedule.
- Monitor schedule milestone attainment. Develop and implement of corrective action plans.
- Ensure timely and effective documentation turnover and project close-out.
- Ensure that all project plans and estimates are prepared accurately and timely.
- Assist in monitoring and control all cost aspects of the project to forecast costs, obtain approvals, identify trends, and take action to avoid cost overruns and take advantage of opportunities.
- Assess performance of cost control system & personnel.
- Ensure the right systems are in place and that these are applied on the project.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s policies and procedures.
- Provide clear and focused leadership for the project.
- Provide mentoring of personnel as required and participate in staff performance evaluations.
- Identify and implement training requirements.
- Ensure effective communications with the project team.
- Ensure accurate, timely & effective progress reporting to the Client and internally to management.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of the communication network between project staff, the client and third parties and introduction of changes where required.
- Identify and monitor closure of all project risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a risk avoidance and risk mitigation focus throughout the project duration.
- Ensure design team are aware of, and are complying with, client’s Basis of Design and applicable regulations and codes and the project schedule.
- Monitor design activities, inter-discipline data flow and communications.
- Assess procurement process throughout the project to ensure goods meet specification and are delivered on time and are within budget.
- Fifteen (15) years relevant work experience heading Petrochemical, Refinery or Oils Sands Project Management work.
- BSc degree in Engineering. A technical diploma and equivalent experience may be considered.
- Professional Registration with APEGA or ASET. Qualifications in Business Administration or Project/Program Management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multidiscipline teams doing FEED and detailed engineering and procurement phases of projects. Experience in providing project management services to petrochemical/oil/gas companies.
- Experience on Oil Sands Tailings, Upgrading, Refinery or Petrochemical projects is essential, any additional experience on sustainable energy projects will be an asset for this position.
- Experience with digital project and global project delivery
Who we are?
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
· we value Life
· we Rise to the Challenge
· we are Stronger Together
· we Unlock Brilliance