Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining, and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Information Manager, located in our client's office in The Hague.
The Project Information Manager works as a member of the Project Management Team to promote optimized project delivery through its lifecycle. As an active and visible promoter of the use of integrated, cost-effective and appropriate technology in order to facilitate core business practices, the Project Information manager provides effective communication of accurate data, documents and information within a project environment utilizing specified applications, systems technology and tools, to deliver Project life cycle information management in accordance with Customer requirements.
The Project Information Manager (PIM) holds ultimate responsibility for selection of software to best meet project/client objectives, development of the overall project systems roadmap with system interfaces, implementing project systems and championing the project Information Management strategy, including implementation planning, delivery, management and support to ensure project and customer requirements are met. Additionally, PIMs are expected to be active participants in the Sales process, identifying digital scope and recommending system deployments that are fit-for-purpose.
This responsibility extends to coordination and integration where required of Project Delivery Systems across all functions and disciplines, such as:
* Engineering Systems:o Computer Aided Design (CAD) Systems - 2d drawing environment - 3d model environment - Model Review environment\toolso Engineering Data Management - Datasheets, Lists, Registers - Tag datao Material Management - Catalogs & Specifications - MTOs \ BOMso Specialist Engineering Analysis software- Process fluid flows\sizing- Piping stress- Structural design, stress & calculations- Electrical & Instrumentation equipment \ cable sizing* Project Systems:o Commissioning & Construction Management Systemso Project Control Systems (Estimating, Planning, Cost Control, Progressing)o Procurement Systems etc. * Document Management Systems* Information Management Systems (data integration, warehousing and handover)* Third Party hosted systems, information technology Systems and other enterprise systems including iM Infrastructure.
Based on project size and complexity, the Project Information Manager stewards and participates in the following activities, but may not actually perform the work.* Establishing the Project Information Management Plan.* Establishing project data ownership by discipline and ensuring that all data is populated and maintained throughout the project lifecycle.* Being the project focal-point for data-centric execution.* Deploying an Agile method for systems setup and maintenance, including customizations implemented mid-project, and reporting progress against these requirements.* Developing and managing system workflows for multi-office execution.* Establishing methods for data governance and the protection of confidential information.* Facilitating the purchase and/or deployment of software as requested by the Client.* Working with the project management team to identify relevant stakeholders (e.g. customer, partners, contractors, functions, disciplines) and ensure their appropriate input to key Project Delivery Systems and Information Management documents.* Communicating with the whole project team to ensure that all understands, supports and adheres to the Project Information Management strategy and procedures.* Educating the team in the Information Management requirements and the benefits to be gained.* Defining specific systems Implementation Plans, Scope of Work, cost and schedule estimates for all Project Delivery Systems and Information Management related activities.* Identification of systems training requirements and coordinating delivery of same.* Developing and maintaining project-specific systems work practice documentation.* Ensuring cross-contractor alignment of work processes and systems.* Ensuring effective systems interfaces and optimized work processes.* Implementing and enforcing common standards and work practices that facilitate multi-office/company project execution (work-sharing) and electronic data interchange, such as:o Project Numbering Systemso Plant Breakdown Structureo Systems-based workflows* Defining, implementing and managing data and document storage, database replication and data and document backup requirements to meet the project's disaster recovery requirements, in conjunction with the IT Group.* Defining and enforcing processes that ensure appropriate access controls over electronic project documents and data, including project document and data repositories, websites and project file servers.* Managing of Project collaboration and file sharing facilities.* Managing of software or technology licensing limitations with respect to export controls or third-party access to our client's systems.* Building a competent project team for data coordination, systems support and development.* Managing the system specialists within the project team.* Coordination of systems support and escalated issues resolution, including interfacing with:o Project Systems and Engineering Systems groupso IT Group for IT Systems and networking/infrastructure delivery and supporto Software suppliers for support/consultancy, where necessaryo Customer or third-parties for systems interface issues resolution* Ensuring compliance with contractually required deliverables and formats.* Facilitation of project systems and information management closeout activities. Working with Project Management to evaluate and develop the project's electronic/hard copy archival and data handover procedures.* Working directly with customer and project team; identify the Project Delivery Systems, Operating Systems (Digital Twin) and Information Management requirements to meet customer and project expectations; working with relevant functional managers to select and optimize systems and work processes to deliver to these requirements in accordance with contractual requirements.* During facility planning stages; creating cost and return options for digitalization options* Coordinating setup and implementation of project delivery and operation systems in-line with project schedule.* Coordinating input from systems support specialists during setup* Ensuring key project participants have timely access to relevant information to facilitate high quality, low cost and shortest schedule project delivery.* Identifying the Project's information, data, hardware, network and system needs* Influencing project execution strategy to take advantage of the preferred systems and software tools.
- An understanding of data handover requirements typically associated with capital projects, and an ability to translate these as they apply to engineering and design systems
- Strong knowledge of the Engineering / Procurement / Construction / Management (EPCM) project execution process and an understanding of how systems fit within the context of this process
- Experience in Project Systems Management, Project Data Management, and Project Document Management within a project environment is required
- Strong knowledge of methods for data-centric execution
- Familiarity with Agile work practices and Scrum methodology & experience with fit-for-purpose delivery methods
- Knowledge of data modelling (Class Library) and industry standard data handover specifications (eg. CFIHOS, BIM)
- Broad working knowledge of systems related to the design, construction, and operation of energy-related capital projects, including engineering design systems, data and document management systems, and project systems (estimating, project controls, procurement, construction, commissioning systems and information technology) with specific expertise in one or more of these disciplines
Industry Specific Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within the EPCM or the E&P (Exploration and Production) industries, in a relevant role and with strong project execution experience, is required.
- Experience in project delivery for the Energy, Chemical, Mining or Infrastructure sectors
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business is preferred
- Previous experience with a high level of knowledge (SME) with one or more Project Delivery Systems is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of data modeling and data architecture principles.
- Working knowledge of database management systems; familiarity with MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite/O365.
- Previous working experience with SharePoint, PowerAutomate, PowerApps and PowerBI is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS.
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and networking.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including technical writing with Project & Client teams.
- Ability to provide leadership in project delivery & execution.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Paulina Hasior will be happy to help you at paulina.hasior(at)energyresourcing.com. We look forward to your application!Apply Now