Senior Project Engineer - Port & Marine
The Senior Project Engineer (Port) will provide expertise for the jetty and marine build for the project, and is responsible for the delivery of assigned contract packages. The role ensures all engineering has been completed to a sufficient level based on the approved contracting model for assigned contract packages.
Perth based with occasional site visits
Accountable for delivery of the following areas of the project:
- Marine Structures and associated port packages
- PPA approvals associated with the marine structures
- Assistance on delivery of other Port packages (dredging, transhipping, as required).
Responsible for the full development and safe execution of their area of responsibility including handover to Operations. This includes accountability for:
- Contracting Strategy and all required BCI approvals
- Quality management including ensuring development and close out of punch-lists, NCR's and supporting inspection and test requirements.
- Compliance with Project requirements for Licence to Operate.
- Coordination with BCI support functions including but not limited to Legal, Commercial, Finance, Quality, Operations, Commissioning, Approvals, Risk, Health & Safety and People & Culture.
Design and Approval Phase
Pre-mobilisation and Site Establishment Phase
Construction Phase (Onsite work)
Close out and Commissioning Phase
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering.
- Proven record in delivery of port and marine projects of similar size & scope.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, and planning skills.
- Skills with experience in reviewing and managing budgets.
- Well-developed negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement.
- High levels of attention of detail.
- Ability to work in a complex team environment.
- Knowledge of safety and environment management systems.