Energy Resourcing are searching for a Senior Project Engineer with our Operator client based in Aberdeen on a 12 month contract.
Will include managing the design engineering performed in-house or through a 3rd party contractor.
Accountable for managing the engineering and procurement of various procured packages.
Will be responsible for day-to-day management of key discipline and TA support as required to assure the scope.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible to the Project Manager for the delivery of the opportunity in a safe manner to the approved cost, schedule and quality standards, minimising the impact on the Asset and other Stakeholders. You will be expected to follow the PMF and other guidance for the safe and flawless execution of the project
- Demonstrate Visible HSSE Leadership/Goal Zero, supporting the HSSE Lead where necessary. You will be expected to show strong safety leadership and take a proactive approach to safety & leading by example.
- Assist in the transfer of the opportunity ownership from the project team to the Asset at project "Handover". You will take ownership for the Brownfield project deliverables required for the preparation of the Statement of Fitness and the Part 1 Handover Certificate to allow the introduction of hydrocarbons into the system.
- Obtain all necessary permits and approvals through NSTA; BEIS and other third-party organisations
- Lead and Participate in key design and safety reviews. Ownership of the outcomes of the reviews, provide early identification of project implementation risks through comprehensive Constructability Reviews and define any mitigating actions necessary to manage them effectively. Ensure all hazards and risks are managed to ALARP.
- Manage topsides installation contractors; including performance on activities to meet key milestone schedules deliverables targets necessary for procurement and fabrication, review and approve and TQ's or MoC's. Engage with subsea installation contractors on design issues and decisions throughout design, construction, commissioning and start-up phases
- Stand in for the Project Manager as required. Duties could include, producing weekly and monthly reports, chairing meetings, reviewing cost reports, attendance at huddles and DRBs etc
- Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject and preferably membership of appropriate Institute
- Previous experience working on petrochemical facility projects within a project engineering capacity
- Leading and managing multidiscipline projects through all phases of, planning and construction, and close out