Senior Project Accountant
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Our client is in search of a Senior Project Accountant who has specialized experience in capital projects within the oil and gas and energy sectors. The preferred candidate should have a proven background in managing project expenses, recognizing revenue, and forecasting cash flows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the financial implications of the set up and maintenance of projects in the business system in accordance with accounting policies, pricing schedules, customer details, payment plans, invoicing calendars, and multicurrency billing.
- Interprets contract terms and conditions and ensures that the commercial terms are built into the project set ups to maximize profitability.
- Ensures that projects are financially closed once work completed and working capital collected
- Works with Billing Coordinators to ensure an invoicing plan is in plan to maximize DSO for projects.
- Reviews DSO reports and assists in the development of corrective action plans.
- Works directly with Billing Coordinators and/or customers to ensure invoices have been received, approved, and actioned.
- Provides regular invoice status updates to Project Managers.
- Provide input into the cash forecast to ensure accuracy and appropriate challenge to expedite cash collection.
- Reviews WIP/ AR reports with Project Managers to ensure
- Day to day finance business partner to the project management team and representative of Finance function to them
- Identifies areas of potential project gross margin improvement; ensures accurate recovery of all costs as defined in the contract and ensures non-billable costs are minimized.
- Interprets commercial terms and conditions, including Foreign Exchange, tax, credit, and system implications on bids and tenders to ensure accurate and timely costing and revenue recognition.
- Ensures commercial summary in place for each contract as part of handover process from successful bid to execution.
- Works closely with Project Managers and Project Controls and participates in monthly project reviews to challenge the financial and commercial health of projects.
- Ensure processes in place to enable accurate weekly revenue recognition
- Weekly review of margins, WIP, Debtor and cash flow.
- Ensure intercompany payables or receivables reconciled with counterpart and ensure prompt payment and received.
- Link between Accounts payable and project for coding of invoices, ensuring that missing/expected invoices are accrued for/accounted timely.
- Create and validate forecast/Budget for chargeable hours, sell/cost rates, resulting margin and ensure target is reasonable.
- Produces and analyzes trend and variance reports as needed.
- Gathers project accruals and provision information as needed in line with IFRS
Experience and Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting.
- CPA designation a plus.
- Familiar with ERP and BI environments, specifically Oracle and Hyperion a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance