About the Role:
Our client, the Australian Energy Market Operator (AEMO), is responsible for managing electricity and gas systems and markets across Australia, helping to ensure Australians have access to affordable, secure and reliable energy.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Program Manager/Project Director to join their Perth team.
The position will lead the delivery of a critical program of work for AEMO in Western Australia as part of the Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM) Reform. This is a market transformation program which will require market, technology and process changes across a range of market and operational areas with significant supporting technology change.
Successful delivery of the program is a key AEMO and WA Government priority.
- Lead a significant cross discipline team comprising of internal staff, external contractors and consultants to design, prepare for and successfully implement the WEM Reform Program.
- Actively manage engagement across AEMO in order to ensure the Reforms are effectively delivered and set up for efficient operations.
- Actively engage and manage external relationships with Industry and Government, to ensure stakeholder expectations are well defined and managed
- Work with internal Managers/Project Leads to ensure that organisation’s contribution to the WA Government’s Energy Transformation Strategy (ETS) is coordinated and consistent.
- Lead, design and negotiation of program objectives within quality, time, and budget targets, and for managing associated risks.
- Manage the successful market transition, with associate change management activities both across AEMO and the market.
- Provide regular status reporting and updates to the Executive and key sponsors through the governance body. Communications and advice on the project, risks, and issues to internal and external stakeholders. Escalate through appropriate channels where required.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in economics, engineering or similar analytical discipline, (e.g., Computer science, Information Technology, Business or Engineering)
- Preference for qualifications in Project Management such as PMP / Agile or equivalent.
- 10+ years demonstrated experience managing complex programs or projects utilising a range of delivery approaches including Agile , Waterfall and hybrid – across business focused programs with both package and custom development with regulatory, IT and operational dimensions.
- Extensive experience in contracting and managing vendors to deliver contractual outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience to create and build capability and a high performance team, including mentoring, coaching and intervention when required.
- Extensive stakeholder engagement, communication, negotiation, and problem-solving.
- Preferred knowledge of energy markets (preference of the WEM) and a solid understanding of the political and regulatory framework in the Australian energy industry.
About Energy Resourcing Australia
As part of AEMO’s Preferred Supplier Vendor Panel for 6+ years, Energy Resourcing Australia have a long successful relationship in supporting the AEMO business nationally.
We are part of a leading global Recruitment organization, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Brendan Fernandez on +61 407 181 977 or email@example.com