Senior Procurement Engineer
Project: Petrochemical refinery PMC team – EPC design phase
Duration: 1 year in Milan & 2 years in UAE during construction phase
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex – our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals or individuals with an valid type D work visa or EU Blue Card to work residentially in Milan or Rome, Italy.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration.
- Ensure HSSE goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
- Manages and supports the Project procurement and materials personnel and their associated activities to execute the work in a manner that achieves the objectives of the Project Execution Strategy, Project Plan and Project Procurement and Materials Plan.
Some of the principle accountabilities:
- Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
- Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Procurement issues during the EPC / FEED phase.
- Managing and reviewing EPC / FEED Contractor Procurement activities.
- Ensuring that equipment and materials are purchased, properly received, stored, maintained, and made available when needed by construction.
- Ensuring that responsibilities for material management are clearly defined and understood by the PMC Project team.
- Ensure the managing of the Project special tools, commissioning and start-up spare parts and Two years’ normal operation spare parts.
- Reviewing the following key deliverables submitted by EPC / FEED Contractor: The Project Procurement section of the Project execution plan; Procurement organization; Procurement quality plan; Project materials management plan that identifies the requisition, supply, and distribution strategy for all commodities on the Project including a material assignment schedule and division of responsibilities.
- Logistics; Review material shipping report prepared by EPC / FEED Contractor, ensuring that the implementation plans for special needs associated with international Projects such as freight consolidation, freight forwarding customs clearance, international export/import regulations and taxes.