PMC Lead Process Safety Engineer - Milan and Rome Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex is scheduled to start shortly- our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Italy. Two positions are open - one baed in Milan and one in Rome.
To be considered for this vacancy you will need to have a background in a PCM or have worked on the client side of large downstream petrochemical plants and be prepared to work in Italy for a period of up to 2 years in duration. Job Purpose & Scope: Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner safely, on time, within budget, ensuring that a quality product is produced that represents ?best value? for the Owner and their Stakeholders. Coordinate and supervise the Process engineering aspects of the Project to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Process related Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC / FEED Contractor and technology Licensors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices and in close conjunction with Owner?s functional departments. Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Maintenance Functions to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity. Principal Accountabilities:
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Reporting to the PMC Process Manager and works under his/her direction.
3. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Process Engineering issues during the EPC / FEED phase. 4. Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC / FEED Contractor key deliverables and other works within the Process discipline, ensuring compliance with Process design requirements and the Licensors? PDP?s, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations, specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, system or equipment with relatively few complex features.
5. Review and approve the following EPC / FEED Contractor?s deliverables: ??Equipment design and development. ??System design, including concept sketches and layouts. ??Testing of materials. ??Specifications and design calculations. ??Designs, drawings and data by other Contractors? or by Vendors. ??Engineering studies and reports. ??Material Requisitions for equipment & materials ??Material quantity estimates.
6. Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or subcontractors and prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
7. Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC / FEED Contractor and Vendors.
8. Attend all Project technical sessions by the EPC / FEED Contractor such as: Design Review Meetings, 3D Model Review Meeting, Constructability, SIL, EIA, HAZOP and HAZID etc.
9. Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC / FEED Contractor?s Process Engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
10. Supervise and manage the review and approval of EPC / FEED Contractor?s work, ensuring compliance with Owner and Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and industry best practices.
11. Coordinate the required Engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to ensure design optimization and validation for the Owner.
12. Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Owner requirements.
13. Coordinate other discipline Engineer?s participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
14. Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.Apply Now