Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Process Safety Engineer on behalf of our global energy leader. This role is offered permanently, working from our client's Woking project delivery team.
The Process Safety Engineer will be responsible for coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and providing progress reporting for a project by the project plan. Typically, works as a Process Safety engineer reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design, or EPC project.
- Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises the preparation of specific deliverables.
- Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer/group manager.
- Undertakes specific tasks/areas of work as defined by the lead / principal engineer for Process Safety.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from the original proposal/contract under the supervision of the lead / principal engineer.
- Participates in factory acceptance tests.
- Supports the preparation of the Process Safety TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR.
- Ensures compliance with the client's ISO-accredited QMS, and project-specific procedures, guides, and standards.
- In consultation with the Process group manager takes responsibility for identifying their own development needs and ensuring that agreed development goals are met taking due cognisance of project commitments.
- Responsible for personal training and development in consultation with the Process group manager.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by the lead / principal engineer or group manager.
- Typically, holds a Master's Degree in chemical engineering or post-graduate Process Safety qualification.
- Chartered status preferred.
- Experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
- Good coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED / detailed design, and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards, and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practices.
- Activity scheduling and discipline priorities.