Senior Process Engineer
- Provide technical support during plant turnarounds and minor outages. Sr. Engineer is expected to provide technical support for: scope determination, facility change management, equipment inspecNotions, and plant start-ups
- Monitor daily plant operation and performance looking for opportunities to optimize existing plant capabilities. Sr. Engineer will be required to provide process designs, economic analyses and initial front-end engineering for process improvement, process optimization and capital projects
- Serve as a Technical Authority during PHA and Risk-Based Inspection revalidations
- Participate in the Facility Change Management Process (FCM) by executing and completing Pre-Startup Safety Reviews, Process Hazard Analyses, and other technical processes.
- Provide process modeling, simulation, and optimization expertise to continuous improvement opportunities.
- Knowledgeable in use of distributed control systems operator interface (TDC3000 and Experion).
- Proficient use of DCS control data historians to develop process monitoring, evaluation and troubleshooting tools/spreadsheets.
- When required, Sr. Engineer will be asked to perform confined space entries, collect field data and work with plant personnel
- The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong technical skills, the ability to communicate eﬀectively on issues across the organization, and demonstrate a collaborative work style (with peers, employees, etc.) within and across functions
- Candidate must also possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with developed interpersonal skills to gain alignment and resolve conﬂicts within cross-discipline work groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in chemical processing preferably in an Olefins Manufacturing environment (ethane to ethylene cracking)
- Aspen Plus, Aspen EDR, Aspen Simulation Workbook experience
- The ability to adapt, learn and work in fast paced and dynamic environment
- A proven ability to work with minimal supervision and take responsibility for managing workload
- A self-starting mindset with the ability to multi-task and possess good organization and time management skills