Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer to work for our global engineering client in their Glasgow office, for a 12 month contract position.
- Deliver process engineering services that meet the client, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise process engineering project requirements.
- Perform process engineering services such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the process engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress;
- Ensure the required services meet the client, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in process engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the process engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the process engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the client and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the process engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of process engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in process engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.