Senior Process Engineer
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Process Engineer to join the team due to an increase in project work. This person will be responsible for the execution of all process engineering deliverables while meeting schedule, budget, and quality expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop conceptual layouts and preliminary cost studies as necessary for assessment of project feasibility and economic viability.
- Produce efficient, optimized process designs with an overall emphasis on ease of construction, operability, and maintenance. The completed design must meet client specifications and expectations.
- Develop engineering designs and deliverables in alignment with the level of capital estimate being performed on capital projects.
- Execute workshare to provide interoffice support. Provide leadership to ensure communication and workshare execution occurs within scope, schedule, and budget.
- Assess progress and quality of process engineering deliverables and address issues and concerns as appropriate.
- Develop and monitor P&ID drawing progress to ensure conformance to company and client specifications.
- Conduct P&ID review meetings with client and internal disciplines.
- Review and approve all process engineering deliverables for internal issue and client review.
- Participate in HAZOP meetings and resolve HAZOP items.
- Initiate project change notices when deviations occur from process scope that affect schedule, deliverables and/or project cost.
- Review bid packages for procurement of equipment, materials, or services on major capital projects for all disciplines.
- Develop accurate process engineering documentation from the information provided in vendor equipment data and drawings.
- Ensure that permitting requirements have been established and communicated to the client and project team.
- Provide technical review and checking of calculations, reports, and studies by other engineers to ensure accuracy, as well as conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and good engineering practices.
- Possess knowledge and applicability of industry and company process engineering design calculations, standards, and procedures.
- Contribute to development of company process engineering design calculations, standards, and procedures.
- Possess understanding of equipment, instrumentation, and piping specifications and installation details.
- Develop Basis of Design and Process Design Criteria documents incorporating client standards and in alignment with local, state, and federal standards and regulations.
- Ensure process deliverables align with client requirements and accurately address process scope.
- Produce professional service manhour estimates in accordance with company standards for process deliverables suitable for the engineering design phase or for project studies.
- Develop schedules for the process engineering portion of capital projects and provide input to the overall schedule.
- Delegate work to engineers and designers in proportion to their technical skillset and experience and provide support to ensure progress and quality goals are achieved
- Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, or PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
- Requires a minimum of 4 and preferable 6 or more years of relevant industrial experience in any combination of chemical, petrochemical, refinery, low carbon hydrogen, blue and green ammonia, carbon capture, energy storage, or related fieldsProfessional Engineering registration is highly preferred or may be required by client.
- Proficient in the use of process simulation software such as Aspen Plus, PRO/II, HYSYS, ProMax, Petro-Sim, etc.
- Proficient in the use of heat exchanger design & rating software such as HTRI, Aspen EDR, etc.
- Proficient in the use of single and two-phase hydraulic simulation software such as AFT Fathom, AFT Arrow, PIPESIM, PIPEPHASE, PIPE-FLO, etc.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance