PMC Piping & Layout Engineer - Rome - 18 month freelance assignment
Our client is a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions using advanced technologies with world-class production facilities of Ethylene, Polyethylene, Propylene and Polypropylene. The project is due to commence the EPC phase of the expansion of the petrochemical and cracker complex - our client are acting as the PMC for the project and are looking to recruit European nationals to work residentially in Rome on contract for up to 18 months during the EPC phase of the project
To be considered for this role you will have acted in the capacity of a Piping & layout Engineer for a major development during the EPC design phase within the petrochemical/refinery or a major energy infrastructure project
Job Purpose & Scope:
1. Ensuring HSSEQ goals, objectives and targets are met through personal leadership and involvement.
2. Safe delivery and handover of the Project to the Owner, sustainably, safely, on time, within budget, ensuring
that a quality product is produced that represents 'best value' for the Owner and their Stakeholders.
3. Coordinate and supervise the Mechanical (Piping)Engineering aspects of the Project to ensure the technical
objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
4. Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Mechanical (Piping)related
Engineering deliverables developed by the EPC Contractor and technology Licensors, ensuring design
optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practicesand in close conjunction with
Owner's functional departments.
5. Co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Maintenance
Functions to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and integrity.
1. Champion the Project Safety culture, behaviors and engagement activities.
2. Reporting to the PMC Engineering Manager and works under his direction.
3. Identifying, evaluating, and resolving Mechanical (Piping)Engineering issues during the EPC phase.
4. Review and approve within the specified approval durations, the EPC Contractor key deliverables and other
works within the Mechanical (Piping) discipline, ensuring compliance with Mechanical (Piping)design
requirements and the Licensors'PDP's, which involves the interpretation and review of calculations,
specifications, plans, investigations, surveys, structures, system or equipment with relatively few complex
5. Review and approve the following EPC Contractor's deliverables:
· Equipment design and development.
· System design, including concept sketches and layouts.
· Testing of materials.
· Specifications and design calculations.
· Designs, drawings and data by other Contractors' or by Vendors.
· Engineering studies and reports.
· Material Requisitions for equipment & materials
· Material quantity estimates.
6. Review and approve key design documents from Vendors, equipment manufacturers or Subcontractors and
prepare comments and recommendations incorporating any comments received from the Owner.
7. Attend technical meeting with Owner, Licensor, EPC Contractor and Vendors.
8. Attend all Project technical sessions by the EPC Contractor such as: Design Review Meetings, 3D Model Review
Meeting, Constructability, SIL, EIA, HAZOP and HAZID etc.
9. Ensure quality and accuracy of EPC Contractor's Mechanical (Piping)Engineering design activities, system
integration, and design selection.
10. Supervise and manage the review and approval of EPC Contractor's work, ensuring compliance with Owner and
Project specifications, relevant codes and standards, and industry best practices.
11. Coordinate the required Engineering participation in the development and analysis of various design options and
business models. Contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and
business models to ensure design optimization and validation for the Owner.
12. Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in
line with Owner requirements.
13. Coordinate other discipline Engineer's participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
14. Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
15. Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline Engineers.
16. Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.Apply Now