Senior Piping Engineer (Materials)
Position: Contract to Perm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Our client is looking to hire a Senior Piping Engineer with Piping Materials Engineer experienced in piping line class and pipe material requisition preparation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To advise the Department Manager of required personnel necessary to maintain the project plan for assigned project
- To monitor and control budgets against the project plan
- Review of vendor bids and documentation are for technical acceptability
- To give any necessary technical assistance to other members of the design team
- To ensure a level of supervision is maintained that encourages empowerment and provides a flexible, responsive approach to the design, procurement and construction of the plant
- Must be able to work in a multi-Discipline team across different locations and engage in collaborative behavior that ensures the success of all Disciplines and the Project as a whole
- Preparation of requisition and technical bid evaluation for piping items
- Development and maintenance of piping line class for specific requirements of the project.
- Experience as Materials Engineer well versed in piping line class preparation
- Knowledge of speciality items datasheets
- Plant Layout, Piping Design and Piping Engineering experience
- Commercial awareness within professional services environment
- Experience in a Lead position
- Piping Materials expertise in Piping Specifications and Valves
- Working knowledge of E3D/PDMS
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- Knowledge of piping and pipe components codes and industry standards as ASME/ANSI, API, NEMA.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance