About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking for experienced Senior Piping Designers to be working on their end clients' piping packages / scopes in the oil & gas and/ or mining projects that they are supporting. This role will be based in their Perth city office, on an initial 12 months contract.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet company, the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise, design and drafting assignments on projects requirements on time and within budget.
- Perform discipline specific design and drafting services such as:
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- if required, participate in studies and analyses and recommend actions;
- prepare and oversee the production of engineering drawings and documentation;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with the company's checking procedures; and
- participate in project reviews as required.
- Provide technical support, supervision and advice to the discipline team and project teams, participate in peer reviews, and consult relevant resources as required.
- Communicate effectively with the discipline team, clients and other project stakeholders, and make presentations as required.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and the client's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the discipline.
- Where required, prepare or assist in the preparation of project documentation such as budgets, estimates, forecasts, schedules and reports.
- Highly effectivetechnical and practical design and drafting skills in the relevant discipline, and able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its clients.
- Competent in the use of relevant software such as OpenPlant, Microstation 2D/3D, S3D, Plant 3D. PDMS and highly competent in the use of these design software.