Senior Piping Designer
Position: Contract to Perm
Location: Monrovia, CA and/or Long Beach
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce the various discipline deliverables to the agreed schedule.
- Apply recognized engineering practices applicable to piping design and plant layout.
- Apply good interpersonal skills, liaising with members of other disciplines and departments.
- Apply an awareness and willingness to work as a team member
- Quality Assurance - work within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Safety - Responsible for personal safety and working within the Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a user of the E3D or S3D modelling to piping layout and design.
- Technical school graduate with four or more years of experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Requires mature computer skills and working knowledge of applicable E3D or S3D drafting / modelling programs.
- Familiar with the prime drivers related to facility layout design
- A thorough knowledge of the codes and standards and a good understanding of engineering practices applicable to piping design for oil and gas facilities.
- Conducting field visits and preparing as-built drawings and field sketches.
- Checking work of, and assisting in the training of, less experienced design personnel.
- A member of a piping design team on at least two significant projects with a recognised company within the Oil & Gas Industry
- A committed team player able to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision
- Exposure to fabrication, construction and installation activities although detailed involvement is not essential.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance