Senior Piping Designer
Location: Reading, PA
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Senior Principal Piping Designer for the Reading office. The ideal candidate will lead or assist in the delivery of design and drafting services. Along with managing the piping design team, the lead would also have other responsibilities including the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Senior Designer, you will be responsible to have a full understanding of the project's scope, overall schedule, deliverables, milestones, manhour budgets, industry standards, applicable codes, and procedures.
- Determine line count and estimated isometric quantities based on P&ID's.
- Be knowledgeable of client procedures, project procedures, and specifications.
- Identify and request information in the form of a 'Needs List' to maintain schedule.
- Utilize a 3D model (AVEVA E3D/Navisworks) review software to monitor design quality and progress.
- Review and approve deliverables prior to issue.
- Coordinate the design effort with other engineering and design disciplines.
- Ensure deliverable verification procedures are followed.
- Piping drawing checking and verification experience in the office and in the field is a plus.
- Previous AVEVA 3D experience developing Piping Models, Pipe Supports, Equipment Models, Isometric and Orthographic Drawing extraction is a plus.
- Develop general arrangements of plant facilities, structures and equipment considering safe maintenance and construction while interfacing with all engineering and design disciplines.
- Field design experience with the capability to perform field walk downs using P&ID's, locating tie points dimensionally, and routing pipe through existing facilities. Locate and identify pipe support types. Bring that back to the office for inputting the field data into an AVEVA E3D model.
- Projects may utilize Laser Scanning. Experience using Scans within AVEVA E3D is a plus.
- Experience with executing projects within existing facilities with many obstructions and other design constraints.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Piping Design
- Minimum 2 years AVEVA E3D Design and Draft experience
- Experience with Microstation V8i & AutoCad
- Must be capable of leading piping portion of design package for review meetings
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of PID's for Production design
- Must be able to provide Piping Isometrics
- Must be able to provide Pipe Support/Hanger packages
- Must be able to provide a comprehensive Material Take-Off
- Must be able to provide field assistance during design, planning and construction phase
- Must provide piping related expertise to CSE engineers and FLS personnel as required
- Coordinates/Integrates piping package with other design disciplines
- Required to Perform Peer Reviews for other piping designs
- Required Safety program and presentation participation
- Knowledge of SharePoint is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint is a plus
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance