Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior People Advisor to join their client's London office on an 18-month contract basis.
The ideal candidate will provide an effective HR service as the main focal point on emerging the client's London Hub Projects and therefore be responsible for supporting the Project Manager with the management of the people resources by the long-term business objectives as well as the project delivery schedule.
- Ensure the successful delivery of all people-related activities within a project to meet the operational requirements of the client.
- Ensure client requirements are anticipated and met
- Provide HR advice, guidance, and support to the Project/Contract Manager and Project Leadership Team when required.
- Ensure management of all HR processes within the Project to ensure that company policy is adhered to and that employees are appropriately supported and that costs are minimized.
- Prepare the Project Execution Plan for each project and ensure alignment across all the client's Projects where appropriate.
- Act as key HR focal point on a Project, advising the Project Manager (and their Project Leadership Team) on all matters relating to company policy, good HR practice, terms and conditions of service, and employment legislation.
- Develop and implement project policies to ensure fit-for-purpose processes which remain in line with the client's way. Ensure adherence and challenge non-compliance.
- Manage resource planning and forecasting activities within customer groups and functions and work closely with the recruitment team and HR Business Partner to plan for and meet resource requirements.
- Work closely with Talent Acquisition and the wider People Team on recruitment and onboarding processes for customer groups in all locations ensuring best practice is applied to attract and retain candidates and that they are operationally ready to mobilise to meet the project schedule.
- Provide advice and support to customers and people teams about a broad range of ER issues and cases, including performance management, absence management maternity, paternity, adoption, flexible working, grievances, disciplinaries, and capability.
- Champion performance management processes and initiatives. Coach, influence, and encourage managers to provide clear goals and objectives, feedback, and development. Support management to take appropriate steps to address performance issues
- Review all standard Terms and Conditions of employment to ensure that they are appropriate for the project requirements. Draft proposals for temporary changes to any part of these conditions where the specific needs of the project require bespoke arrangements.
- Lead the process of the Project to closeout to ensure that where possible all key personnel are retained within the business.
- Lead and support business integration of competence assurance systems and work with customers to achieve a safe and competent workforce that is fit for purpose.
- Delivering accurate management information to shape business decisions, focusing on key metrics including recruitment, attrition, employee relations, and absence.
- Lead and support change management initiatives while maintaining effective operational delivery.
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement within the People team both generally and specifically in the area of subject matter expertise.
- Develop, lead, and support the people team in ensuring good employee relations through the active engagement of employee representatives, trade unions, employees, and contractors.
- Share knowledge and experience with the people team to help shape best practices, and a consistent approach and ensure business goals are met.
- Act as a safety leader for all people-related safety issues, lead safety principles within the business, and challenge unsafe activities both onshore and offshore.
- Present project induction to new starts, ensuring that delivery is professional, engaging, and effective, with a welcoming and enthusiastic approach.
- Act as an SME within the People Group and function, people, and lead within the wider business.
- CIPD Chartered membership (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
- Relevant degree or tertiary-level qualification
- Experience in an HR Generalist role in a similar environment.
- Complex Employee Relations case management experience
- Working with international counterparts.
- Experience working with global mobility cases.