Energy Resourcing requires 3 Senior Offshore Drilling Supervisors to join our client's offshore team on a 2/2 or 2/2/2/4 rotation for 12 months.
The Senior Offshore Drilling Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day well site planning and execution of drilling activities, maintaining HSE and operational efficiency, at maximum value to the client. The Offshore Supervisor will supervise operations on either a jack-up or semi-submersible rig following a rota system with a 'back-to-back' colleague. The Offshore Supervisor may be assigned to routine and non-routine projects such as HPHT, NPNT, Abandonments, and the implementation of high-risk/reward technology.
Health, Safety & Environment
- This is a front-line supervisory position leading operational execution at the well site. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations while maintaining the client's regulatory standards.
- The Supervisor can act as the most senior company representative on site and is therefore responsible for first-line response and problem-solving of non-planned operations.
- On-site management and control of the emergency response. Stimulation and implementation of programmers to improve HSE in the offshore environment.
- Manage and monitor compliance with the Safety Case and regulatory requirements and lead initial incident investigations.
- Manage the timely and accurate reporting of HSE, operational, and other performance and activity status.
- Manage and monitor all health and social aspects of the drilling unit and encourage the enhancement of the work environment and personnel welfare.
- Ensure adherence to safe working practices through active engagement with contractor's personnel, and the promotion of positive HSE attitudes and learning.
Planning and Organisation
- Manage the day-to-day operations associated with the well including planning scheduling and resource allocation, clear and concise reporting of all well site activities and events, and the identification and collation of lessons learned which can be incorporated in future operations.
- People Management: Develop a clear understanding and alignment with all personnel regarding the Company's policies strategies and specific well objectives. Role model and champion the Company's values and behaviour in the field environment and provide clear leadership and direction concerning the day-to-day operational activities.
- Stimulate and implement ideas to improve operational performance and challenge the onshore Engineers and Service Companies to recommend performance enhancements.
- Initiate improvements in working practices and procedures via 'Well on Paper' sessions and assume a proactive role in the implementation and commissioning of new approaches and technology to improve performance and lower cost.
- Plan and schedule activities and contractor resource allocation to achieve the operational objectives.
- Monitor and control costs within the area of responsibility.
- The Supervisor provides guidance and advice to trainee Well Site Engineers and Night Supervisors where applicable and takes an active role in their training and development.
- Project Execution - Responsible for planning, logistics, supervision, and documentation of the execution of well-work activities.
- Work closely with the engineers and Operations Team Leads to make decisions/recommendations including selection and optimisation of services; materials; operational techniques, operational efficiencies, cost tracking, and management of project risks.
- Provide input on well programs, including details on HSSE, well control, equipment, contractors, etc.
- Ensure the drilling units and all associated systems are managed and operated within their integrity envelope.
- Optimise operational performance without compromising HSE, well integrity, or the integrity of the drilling unit.
- Resolve operational problems as they arise with the consultation of the onshore operations team.
- Manage the systematic quality assurance within all areas of responsibility including contractor's documentation, certification, procedures, and drilling unit audits and inspections.
- Operational Integrity - manage the interface with other Company assets (e.g. Xmas Trees / subsea assets).
- Assess the experience and competence of the contractor's personnel and feedback via the reporting line if deficiencies are identified.
- Have a proven track record in well-execution delivery.
- A demonstrable experience in shallow water offshore drilling supervision operations.
- Extensive drilling experience and significant experience in the higher-risk areas of Wells e.g. HPHT experience.
- Degree in Engineering or Physical Science or equivalent.
- IWCF Level 4 certificate (Subsea preferred).
- R1 and R2 Certificate / or Trade Test in last 4 years (to be completed post-interview).