Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Materials Handling Engineer with our internal client Worley, based on a leading international project.
This role would be based with Worley in Brentford, London on a contracting basis.
You will provide mechanical engineering services on large or mega projects to our internal client and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
You will provide mechanical engineering services to Worley and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team.
- Role Outline/ Responsibilities:
- Senior engineer capable of working fully independently, involved in the following activities:
- Writing and checking mechanical specifications
- Writing and checking mechanical data sheets
- Writing and checking technical content documents to support Enquiry Requisitions
- Review of Supplier bid documents
- Compilation of and checking Technical Bid Evaluations to capture technical bid clarification responses
- Co-ordination of Bid Clarification Meetings and full responsibility for discussion of technical content
- Acting as a single focal point for Supplier document review and approval for several equipment packages
- Monitoring assigned packages for technical compliance, contractual compliance and QA/QC compliance
- Attending Factory Acceptance Tests
- Consider the environmental, commercial, safety and operational aspects of design.Liaison with multi-discipline project teams, project/engineering management and Client representatives for project activities as required.Supervision of and liaison with engineers from global support facilities.Ability to think creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.Essential:Good knowledge of all centrifugal and reciprocating types of API and non-API pumps including seal selection, lube oil and seal systems.Knowledge of European and American design codes and standards, i.e. ASME VIII, ASTM, ISO, ANSI, NFPA and NACE.Sound knowledge of the EU Directives ( Machinery Directive, PED, CE/UK marking and ATEX ).Experienced in the management of Supplier package documentation review including, inspection and test plans, GA's, P&ID's, weekly progress reports, fabrication/production schedule, material certification, material testing, field inspection requirements, operation and maintenance manual contents and certification data book requirements.Proven ability to deliver results under tight schedule and cost constraints in a sustained pressure project environment.Adopt the Worley principles related to diversity and inclusion.
- Team player experienced in working collaboratively to identify the best solutions for problems encountered and tenacity to drive these solutions with satisfactory application up to a final conclusion.
- Commercial awareness to mitigate or eliminate cost additions during equipment delivery cycle in a fast-track project environment.
- Working knowledge of corrosion and degradation mechanisms and ability to select and review materials of construction for equipment in hydrocarbon and non-hydrocarbon service.
- Experience of performance testing of large machinery.
- Good knowledge of hydrocarbon compressors, reciprocating and centrifugal.
- Proven experience on Oil & Gas/Petrochem projects in the Conceptual, FEED, Detail Design and EPC/EPCm project stages.
- Identification of risks in the workplace, on site and in the project work undertaken.
- Monitoring and reporting of issues related to management of change.
- Progress monitoring to maintain the schedules and reporting of progress to management
- Responsible for review and integration of Worley and Client specifications and standards into the equipment design and quality standards.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.