About the Role
Our client, a global market leading Engineering organisation, is seeking for experienced Senior Mechanical Engineers or Mechanical Engineers to work on their end clients’ iron ore or oil & gas projects that they are supporting. This role will initially be based in their Perth or regional south west offices, on an initial 12 months contract.
· Deliver mechanical/ piping engineering services that meet the company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
· Perform mechanical/ piping engineering services such as:
- Identify and report changes to project scope;
- Assist with the preparation of proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- Provide assistance during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders;
- contribute to appropriate studies, analyses and recommend actions;
- Assist with the preparation of detailed designs and drawings, specifications, data, calculations and reports.
· Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical/ piping engineering.
· Communicate effectively with the mechanical/ piping engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
· Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Skills and Experience
· Sound technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its customers.
· A working knowledge of the fundamental requirements of mechanical/ piping engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
· A working knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
· Competent use of mechanical/ piping engineering specific software and relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
· Engineering experience in the same or similar industry.