Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer to be working on their end client's alumina refinery in Wagerup. Initial contract is 12 months with a strong view of extension. Role will be based out of the client's Wagerup refinery.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet the company's, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet the company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the company and its Customer's requirements.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- A Background in Mining will be preferred
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to the company and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of mechanical engineering specific software.