Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
Our client is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work in a refining environment and manage small to medium sized design projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will review designs for quality, cost and schedule requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project oversight as Project Discipline Lead and integrate the design activities as per SOW to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Lead a small discipline project team of Designers/Engineers as part of the Mechanical team.
- Deliver mechanical engineering services that meet Worley, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Perform mechanical engineering services such as: participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet Worley, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Worley and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration in state of WV.
- Working experience in refining, chemical, and petro-chemical facilities.
- Working experience designing, developing and leading different phases of Engineering Projects; from early stages up to Detailed Engineering.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to Worley and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance