Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Senior Mechanical Engineer with our internal client Worley, this would be a permanent role based in Glasgow.
You will join the Mechanical Engineering Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for mechanical equipment for both onshore and offshore Oil & Gas facilities. The Department consists of Rotating, Static and Packaged Equipment and Mechanical Handling sub-disciplines and also the HVAC and Metallurgy disciplines.
- Execute Engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detailed Design).
- Maintain the required technical quality of work.
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel as required.
- Ensure as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule.
- Prepare estimates and schedules and assist in their review.
- Commitment to and promotion of worley’s values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline. – Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work.
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities.
- Able to technically direct design personnel within discipline.