Senior Mechanical Assurance Engineer – LNG plant (UK and Milan based)
The position is for a Mechanical Assurance Engineer as part of the Company’s LNG Engineering team reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager with responsibility for delivering engineering assurance commensurate with the EPC Agreement for all LNG facility rotating equipment.
The position requires an up-to-date working knowledge of all Mechanical Equipment (Static, Package and Piping) and relevant Industry Codes and Standards associated with a multiple train LNG facility (low temperature, cryogenic project).
The position requires in-depth knowledge and previous experience with LNG plant rotating / static equipment and systems.
Key activities include oversight and review of EPC Contractor’s mechanical equipment engineering scopes of work and interfacing primarily with the LNG Engineering team’s Mechanical Engineering Manager, Mechanical Rotating Equipment Engineer, Rotating Equipment Assurance Engineer, Mechanical Static, Mechanical Package, Instrumentation, Electrical and Process Engineers. In addition, the Mechanical Assurance Engineer will support operational, maintainability and asset integrity requirements
The Position’s primary work location is AMA1 Office in Milan and reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager, with close interactions with the Mechanical and Electrical/Instrumentation Assurance Engineer.
* Lead the overall mechanical design assurance effort for the entire facility working with the Rotating Assurance Engineer. Develop, oversee and maintain the mechanical Technical Assurance Plans. Provide guidance and assistance to Mechanical Leads as necessary
* Liaise with EPC contractor staff in the performance of the detailed engineering, including review of specifications, calculations, drawings, progress and other activities required
* Participate in the equipment design review and act as Engineering Focal Point for 3D model reviews for 60% and 90%
* Validation and Qualification of all potential / future equipment which may not meet current EPC Agreement technology criteria, but has a high probability of use
* Indirectly provide oversight and guidance on TOTAL good practices on project
* Assist Mechanical Engineering Manager to ensure the technical integrity of the EPC contractor’s mechanical engineering and design during EPC execution
* Ensure all mechanical / process safety requirements including codes, standards, design details, equipment are incorporated and addressed in the mechanical rotating equipment design
* Review and comment on CCS JV Inspection Data Sheets and Vendor Inspection and Test Plans for responsible packages. Participate in required Inspection Test Plans, FATs and prepare site installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and handover requirements
* Deliver Technical Assurance Plans in conjunction with Rotating Equipment Engineer, Static, Piping and Package Engineers when required
* Provide TOTAL’s experience on managing elements of the rotating equipment overall cost and schedule
* Support Management of Change and Project Board submissions from various sources when deviations are deemed appropriate by Engineering Manager and Mechanical Engineering Manager
* Assist in monitoring the EPC Contractor’s work product and raise any issues with the Mechanical Engineering Manager
* Participate in EPC detail engineering documents reviews (P&ID, Specifications, Technical Bid Evaluations, datasheet, performances curves, lateral analysis, testing procedures), HAZOP and other safety review meetings
* Review the appropriate EPC deliverables in the rotating equipment scope
* Liaise, as necessary, with other engineering sections of the LNG project, to ensure a consistent approach is taken to all project facilities. Interface and work closely with all Mechanical Engineers
* Report incidents and near misses immediately
* Comply with a duty of care to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountability for HSE, be accountable for ensuring that they adopt exemplary safe behaviors,
* Provide feedback from similar projects of TOTAL’s portfolio via Lesson Learned programme to contribute to the efficiency of the LNG project.