Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Materials and Welding Engineer to join our client's Aberdeen project delivery team on a 12-month contract basis.
The successful candidate must have experience in large-scale projects in the upstream / downstream / refinery and chemical / petrochemical markets for plants and pipelines. Extensive FEED and EPC & EPC detailed design experience are a must.
This role can be delivered by hybrid working with regular time working from home balanced with attendance at one of our UK offices.
- Have responsibility for Materials & Corrosion activities and deliverables such as philosophies, engineering specifications, materials selection, corrosion assessment & calculations, material selection diagrams, cathodic protection design, technical bid evaluations, materials requisitions, and vendor data reviews
- Develop Direct Reports
- Maintain the client's specifications and standards
- Be aware of emerging codes and technologies
- Ensure effective communication with other engineering disciplines, project management, and client teams
- Take personal responsibility for health & safety
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy (preferably Chartered Engineer)
- Proven experience in Materials and Corrosion engineering and design in the Oil & Gas, chemical/petrochemical markets
- Good understanding of requirements of other departments and interfaces in engineering
- A thorough knowledge of applicable international codes and standards and major Company/Operators standards
- FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities
- Ability to organise, set priorities and work under minimal supervision whilst maintaining the ability to deliver assigned projects on budget and on time
- Ability to communicate and present effectively
- Good communication skills with peers and customers
- Ability to report in English, both verbal and written