Energy Resourcing is an engineering & personnel service provider active on four continents in the oil, gas, energy, renewable energies, chemical, petrochemical, refining and construction sectors. We recruit technical specialists and managers for demanding national and international projects of our technologically leading customers.
On behalf of our client we are currently recruiting for a Senior (Lead) Piping Engineer for the location in Arnhem, the Netherlands. Foreseen duration is one year, with a possible extension.
We are seeking a talented Lead Piping Engineer with experience in leading small to middle scale projects in the downstream refinery and (petro-) chemical markets. Candidates showing superior leadership skills in a complex multi-office environment with an ability to provide innovative solutions to clients are who we are looking for. FEED, EPC & EPCm experience are both desirable.
The role of Piping Lead Engineer is a key Leadership role, being responsible for the day-to-day supervision and coordination of Piping Engineering and Design team assigned to a project. Part of this role would be global integrated delivery coordination which is mostly executed by our client's offices in India.
The Lead Piping Engineer reports functionally to the Department Manager and operationally to one or more Project Managers. Input and leadership will be delivered in the conceptual design, project specifications, FEED, basic engineering, extended basic and detailed design phases. We expect candidates will have had a strong technical background in an engineering contracting environment. The understanding of the technical requirements of the project and directing others to apply this into the project is crucial.
- Should be able to manage projects as Lead Engineer and be responsible for the proper and timely execution of projects ensuring the Department quality management system and any project specific contractual requirements are met
- Must have thorough knowledge in piping layout, pipe routing, and basic knowledge of support design, stress analysis, MTO control, material requisitions, bid evaluation and 3D design model reviews. Provide leadership skills in Piping Engineering with ability to handle mid-sized teams in a multi-office environment
- Responsible for issue of all piping deliverable documents. Organize inputs and supervise for preparation general layout, equipment layout, key plans, support design, isometrics, material take offs, stress analysis, pipe material specifications and material requisitions.
- Ensures effective communications among other engineering disciplines, project management and Client teams.
- Defines the discipline scope of work and the required resources and develops input for the Piping Execution Plan.
- Participates in daily scrum meetings, project status meetings and is responsible for correct reporting of amongst other project status, progress, delays, change notices, performance measurement, lessons learned and close-out
- Takes responsibility for cost, schedule, material quantity and budget control.
- Ensures effective management of change.
- Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects, and demonstrating this by example
- Able to contribute to development and growth of people (e.g., coach junior engineers).
- Able to produce proposals for projects which involve man hour- and schedule estimates related to the Piping scope of work
- Should be able to add value plus/optimization ideas.
- Undertake developmental activities like preparation of work instructions / procedures / guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree, or Bachelor level achieved by experience, in Mechanical Engineering and approximately minimum 15 years of experience in the area of design and field engineering, construction management, start up and commissioning of plants.
- The candidate must be a driven professional with strong commercial & business acumen, solid understanding of Project Controls (planning, scheduling, man-hour estimates and measuring physical progress) and has the potential to lead & inspire teams
- Has already been responsible for small to mid-sized teams
- Multi-office project execution experience
- Good knowledge of relevant IT systems (preferably knowledge of E3D / Navisworks).
- Experience and affinity with Project controls; Scheduling and progressing
- Should have experience in lead role for FEED and Detail Engineering projects with exposure to field engineering activities
- Ability to organize and set priorities
- Ability to report in in English, both verbal & in writing. Mastering Dutch is a must.
- Proactive attitude
- Knowledge of National & International codes
- Flexible for business travelling
- In the possession of driver's license
- In possession of Valid Dutch safety certificate (VCA-VOL)
- Tools: Mastering Navisworks, MS Office, ACAD and Basic knowledge of E3D is a pre.
Join us now!
If you have any questions, Paulina Hasior will be happy to help you at paulina.hasior(at)energyresourcing.com. We look forward to your application!Apply Now