Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Instrument Engineer to join their client's London or Aberdeen project delivery team on a staff or contract basis.
This is a fantastic career opportunity to work on a large gas plant project developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications, and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work.
- Work activities will include both project and proposal work where both the technical approach and continuity must be aligned.
- Work activities for both projects and proposals will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Projects and proposals are for process plants and facilities across the Chemical, Oil, and Gas, and Power sectors.
- Project work will include the development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project-by-project basis.
- Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Senior Engineer on a large project reporting to the lead Instrument Engineer.
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications, and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work.
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, supporting graduate and young Engineer/designer development.
- Experience in Instrument Engineering on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up.
- Competent in working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
- Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline on Small Projects.
- Degree qualified for the related discipline.
- Have or are working towards Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Proven ability for equipment specification and the selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
- Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
- Competent in budget & Schedule control/monitoring and reporting
- Competent in design safety and constructability.
- To be able to work to Company standards.
- Innovative when appropriate.
- Competent in the application, specification, and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience in the system's full lifecycle.
- Experience in Functional Safety including, knowledge of BS EN 61508/61511, development of a Functional Safety Management Plan, participation in Safety Reviews, development of SRS/SIL Calculations, and verification and validation activities.
- TUV or similar Functional Safety Engineer qualification.
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
- Competent in Electrical protection methodologies.
- Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis, and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competent in the Sizing of flow devices/control valves/relief devices.
- Competent in P&ID development.
- Automation and Control life cycle activities.
- Safety System life cycle activities.
- Fire & Gas systems.
- Familiarity with the exSILentia software package preferred.
- Experience working with globally integrated delivery teams is preferred.
- CompEx qualified.