Senior Instrumentation & Electrical Designer
Location: LaPlace, LA
We are recruiting for a client in the PetroChermical Industry looking for a Senior Instrumentation & Electrical Designer to work onsite at the local plant.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for design for electrical systems and components for heavy industrial facilities in the Power, Chemical or Refinery industries
- Responsible for preparing design and detail drawings for installation of electrical systems and equipment including motors, controls, panels and wiring, starting and protective devices, substation and distribution circuits, and cable tray and conduit routing
- Assist in conducting Electrical reviews of all project packages prior to RFC to ensure that quality procedures were followed
- Review project design estimates and work scopes for new project
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of applicable industry electrical design experience within the chemical and industrial industry
- Experience in working with and mentoring designers/team members
- Experience in communicating job packages/projects with construction and plant personal.
- Experience in specifying vendor instrument equipment and reading vendor manuals.
- Have an working knowledge of the NEC Codes.
- Experience in voltage drop calculations, wiring sizing and conduit fill calculations.
- Experience in creating and modifying P&I diagrams, loop sheets, single lines, logics and electrical schematics.
- Experience in 24kV to 480 volt power distribution systems, lighting, schematic wiring diagrams, cable / raceway sizing, lightning protection and grounding required
- Experience in developing scopes of work, task analysis, material list and project schedules
- Proficiency with 2D Microstation or AutoCad is required.
- Experience in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc...) is required.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance