Looking for Senior/Lead Instrumentation Designers for hybrid Perth roles. Reporting into the I&C Department Manager, as well as the Project Manager, the role will require the successful applicant to execute FEED, detailed design and execution support scopes.
With hydrocarbon project delivery experience, Auto-CAD proficiency and EEHA (hazardous area) experience or competency.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet Worley, the client's and applicable Australian statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake design and drafting assignments in line with projects requirements on time and within budget, report to the overall Discipline Lead/Project Manager.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of design systems, processes, practices and procedures.
- Initiate, manage and supervise, design and drafting assignments with the Work-share team and any designers on the head office project team; manage coordination on a regular basis as required to effectively undertake the design
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget for proposals in response to requests for quotations for clients with the Bid Mangers and Lead Engineers.
- Communicate effectively with the project team, project lead, work-share team, other disciplines regarding all electrical discipline matters and consider interdisciplinary design interfaces.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with relevant stakeholders which may include vendors, clients, work-share team and project team.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the project scope, Worley and the client's requirements.
- Provide technical support and advice to the discipline and project teams; participate in project reviews; and consult with relevant resources as required.
- Familiar with all design documentation and their use and be able to originate and check such documents including block diagrams, hook-up diagrams, termination diagrams, schematics, loops, fire and gas layouts, instrument layouts, cause and effects, P&IDs, philosophies, specifications and data sheets.
- Thorough knowledge of PLCs, Distributed control systems, emergency shutdown systems and fire and gas systems to enable practical and effective end to end design solutions.
- Hydrocarbons industry experience (highly desired).
- Substantial technical and practical experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (Diploma) in the Instrumentation field or equivalent
- Proficient in Autocad and Micro-station CAD systems.
- Experience with Smart-plant Instrumentation database or 3D modelling would be preferred but is not essential.