Senior Information Engineer – Data Administrator – Milan, Italy
Major petrochemical plant expansion – PMC team
This role is for someone experienced in Information Management / Data Management for this position. It is not a Document Controller position
The Senior Information Engineer will serve as focal point for all Contractor engineering disciplines and assume responsibility for resolving data generated queries across the EPC Contractor.
The Contractor Data Coordinator will ensure engineering data produced by the EPC meets the projects specification with an emphasis on quality, consistency and completeness.
The Contractor Data Coordinator monitors data entered by EPC for consistency, accuracy and globally entered into EPC integrated environment.
Supports the EPC in creation of appropriate Information management strategy and plans covering engineering, design, supplier and Client information both within the Project and across project interfaces, etc.
· Co-ordinate and be the focal point for all data management queries from EPC Contractor.
· Collaboratively work with EPC to ensure successful delivery of digital data and asset from EPC.
· Understand the client and internal project requirements for data collection, conditioning, reporting and turnover
· Liaise with EPC engineering and suppliers to ensure completion and compliance of data submission.
· Interface with IPMT Project/Information Management to ensure active exchange of best practice and alignment of processes and systems.
· Co-ordinate with EPC to facilitate the setup and configuration of the data repositories to meet the project requirements.
· Ensure EPC integrated system and setup in compliance with Project Data Standards
· Manage the day to day data management and collection queries raised by EPC.
· Provide the IPMT Project Information Coordinator and Project team with regular reports on completeness of data set.
Experience, Education, Skills & Job Knowledge
· Minimum of 5 years Lifecycle Information Management and Data Management experiences, specifically in Oil & Gas, preferably within large engineering contractor organisations.
· An understanding of electronic database tools to analyse, manipulate and transfer data.
· Experienced in Information Management Systems, Engineering work processes, Project Management or related field.
· Understanding of 4D planning.
· Knowledge of International Data Standards such as CFIHOS and ISO 8000/9000 standards.
· Solid hands-on knowledge of engineering data warehousing, reporting and analytical tools.
· Expert-level understanding of Oil and Gas Project information and document management processes.
· Knowledge of typical Hexagon authoring tools an advantage (i.e. SPPID; SPEL, SPI, S3D, Microstation).
· Must be a good communicator, confident, assertive, self-motivated, goal orientated, innovative and proactive and forward looking.
· Must be able to accept responsibility and understanding accountability.
· Able to identify & facilitate the effective resolution of problems, making optimal use of available resources.
· Must be able to positively influence the culture of the Information Management Group.
· Must be able to interact at all levels of the organisation.