Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior HSE Advisor on a 12 month contract based onshore in Aberdeen with occasional visits offshore
- This role will be to provide HSE support to the Client and across the Project onshore & offshore teams, to fulfil the contractual obligation.
- In conjunction with the Project HSE Manager will contribute to attaining a sustainable incident free workplace and environment requires a strong commitment from leadership, management and all individuals, in line with the clients Values, Polices and Ethics.
- This role will support and delegate for the Project HSE Manager.
- The Senior HSE Advisor is project based and supports the project and HSE Function, providing support for business and Portfolio delivery by ensuring the implementation of the HSE management systems.
- The Senior HSE Advisor is jointly responsible with the Project HSE Manager for the development and implementation of a proactive project approach to HSE management; including goal setting, planning, development and implementation of processes; and providing monitoring and assurance to line and functional leadership on the effectiveness of the implementation.
- The Senior HSE Advisor shall provide the support and guidance required to promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to HSE goals and engages all team members across the Portfolio, in line with the clients Values.
- Promote an enthusiastic HSE culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all team members in continuous HSE improvement.
- Point of contact for provision of advice and assistance to onshore and offshore Contract Team on all HSE matters
- Facilitate proactive HSE engagement and communication between onshore and offshore teams across all sites, including facilitation of cross-asset fortnightly HSE Construction Calls
- This role will require proactive engagement with Client HSE Team to ensure collaborative approach to HSE management on the Contract.
- This may include the need to interface for, studies, workshops, investigations, reporting, data gathering and general client liaison.
- Regularly conduct and support HSE Leadership Visits to Client Sites onshore and offshore (as per schedule)
- In conjunction with the Project HSE Manager provide Technical HSE input and or facilitation of all work scopes providing engineering & design discipline support and support to all risk-related activities (includes Project scopes - design to execute); including support to Workpack Engineers in development of HIRAs
- Promptly alert line and functional management for all accidents and incidents. Involvement in all incident investigations and ensure that findings are reported, corrective actions raised, and lessons learned developed and appropriately shared.
- Ensure that the worksites have robust systems and procedures implemented that demonstrate compliance with all relevant HSE legislation and that a regular audit schedule is integrated into the Project Assurance Plan
- Support the Project HSE Manager in the development and implementation of Project Assurance plans and objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate project HSEA activities (e.g., improvement plans, incident trends, best practice development etc.)
- Support the Project HSE Manager to plan and deliver project assurance activities (e.g., audits, Major Accident Hazard sessions, self-verification, site inspections, campaigns).
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of the HSE management system.
- Make recommendations for improvement where appropriate.
- Ensure that the Project demonstrates compliance with Company standards and client interfaced arrangements.
- Provide positive support and coordination for the Portfolio on HSE issues and promote the adoption of HSE best practice and incorporating safety alerts and lessons learned.
- Development of HSE material and campaigns for the purposes of knowledge sharing and promotion of best practices.
- Develop and deliver HSE training and coaching to onshore and offshore teams.
- Develop health risk assessments and ensure these are in place for all offshore positions; undertake regular reviews of these.
- Review analytics for leading and lagging indicators and identify/report any trends, ensuring that there is appropriate response to prevent future occurrence
- Maintenance of Monthly Offshore HSE Dashboard which includes performance, incident stats and trends, campaign activities and shared learning
- Collaborate with Project HSE team to build relationships and share best practices across business and projects.
- Promotion of values and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics policies and procedures
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- BOSIET/MIST & Medical
- Incident Investigation Qualification
- Auditor Qualification
- IOSH Qualification
- In depth knowledge of HSE legislation, management systems and best practice
- Offshore experience
- Experience of Brownfield Construction Projects
- Experience relating to project FEED, Detailed Design, Construction, Commissioning and handover.
- Familiarity with key deliverables (including SOR, BOD, KOM, FEED Studies, Vendor Reviews and workshops such as Design Review, HAZID, Constructability Review etc) Demonstrable experience within a similar role in Brownfield Projects.