- Long term contract opportunities with competitive remunerations
- Opportunity to work on prestigious mining projects
- Be part of a high performing team in the heart of Perth CBD
Excellent opportunity for Senior H & S Advisors looking to make a career within our client’s large portfolio of mining projects.
About the Role
Our mining client is seeking Senior H & S advisors to join their Perth team. This role will initially be fulltime for 4 weeks, then will go to 1 day per week at steady state.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Understand legisation and compliance in planning safety for the project
- Ideally would need to understand about safety in design work, with workshop facilitation ie constructivability reviews and hazard identification reviews
- Empower others to achieve Zero Harm and provide input to development of targeted HSE Improvement Plans and activities.
- Make recommendations and offer advice and liaise with personnel on a continuing basis regarding HSE.
- Ensure the alliance is covered by a robust and comprehensive HSE Management Plan and assist the alliance to identify HSE exposures and opportunities.
- Assume hands-on management and implementation of all relevant OneWay systems, standards and processes
- Facilitate Project HSE Risk Assessments and ensure projects are covered by robust and comprehensive HSE Management Plans.
- Thorough understanding of current OHS legislation and a proven ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in an engineering/project management environment
- Able to develop and deliver HSE training, develop high quality HSE management plans, facilitate HSE Risk Assessments, undertake Root Cause
Skills and Experience
- A recognised degree or equivalent qualification, ideally in OHS
- Additional post graduate qualifications, accreditation or training including First aid, Lead auditor in AS4801 & ISO14001, Return to Work Co-Coordinator are preferred.
- 8+ years’ experience in a health and safety role in mining environment
- Highly competent in MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
About Energy Resourcing Australia
Energy Resourcing Australia Pty Ltd is part of a leading global Recruitment organization, with Clients in the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewable Energy, Chemicals, Petrochemicals & Refining, Mining, Consulting and Construction sectors.
We are a high-quality Recruitment and Contractor Management partner with a strong reputation in our industry with our Customers and Contractor personnel. Our Perth team, including certified HR professionals, have experience providing Recruitment, Contract Management and Payroll Services to our Clients across Australia and New Zealand.
Benefits of being an Energy Resourcing Contractor:
- A flexible approach to Payroll where Contractors can trade as PAYG Individual, Pty Ltd Company or Family/Discretionary Trusts;
- Flexible pay cycles where Contractors can elect to be paid on a weekly or fortnightly basis;
- Locally based In-house Payroll team who are easily contactable for queries or assistance;
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Salary Sacrifice options available;
- Contractor Care Program (including regular contact, Contractor functions and merchandise);
- Placement assistance at the end of a contract.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click ‘Apply” button. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Uma on +61 (0) 409 939 083.