Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Senior Estimator to join our Stockton/Manchester/Aberdeen/Glasgow/London office on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to support our low carbon and energy transition sectors.
This role can be delivered by hybrid working with regular time working from home, balanced with office attendance.
- Coordinate and monitor input from engineering, procurement, and construction to ensure estimate input requirements are met in a timely manner
- Establish the key parameters associated with the overall quality and accuracy of the estimate such as: equipment and material pricing guidelines, material take-off and other allowances, escalation philosophy, and site location (labour productivity) factors.
- Establish the estimating scope of work, prepare estimate methodology and produce an overall estimate activity schedule identifying all deliverables and interfaces with other disciplines
- Identify risk items and measures to mitigate risks
- Conduct detailed analysis and benchmarking against similar completed projects
- Prepare Basis of Estimate and compile all estimate documentation required for internal governance and client presentation / submission
- Deliver estimate review presentations alongside Project Manager
- Analyse subcontractor pricing for accuracy and content
- Establish wage rates and productivity factors
- Support with check estimates, trend and change order estimates, and forecasting as required
- Experience preparing professional pricing or contract tendering
- High numerical individual with strong commercial acumen and experience in all commercial contracting models/risk profiles and project scopes/phases (FEL/EPC/EPCM & Lump Sum/Fixed Price/Target Price/Reimbursable, etc)
- Experience of successfully engaging with project management, engineering, and capture management. Hands-on mentality.