Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Engineer to join their client's project delivery team permanently.
This role offers a flexible hybrid working model with time working from the client's Stokesley office balanced with home working.
The Senior Engineer will be involved in offshore wind projects focussing on the transport, lifting, and installation of wind turbines and their foundations. You will be based at the client's Offshore Wind Foundation Unit where you will give operational support to tenders and projects in the preparation and execution phase.
- Being part of the transport and installation knowledge centre of the client's Offshore Energy division.
- Developing installation procedures for offshore wind projects including selection of the suitable vessels, developing positioning plans for these vessels, and selecting the required equipment and tools.
- Developing concept and detailed lifting arrangements, deck layouts, and sea-fastenings.
- Review and organize a review of internal and external deliverables (structural designs/drawings, reports, etc.)
- Responsible for the timely delivery of assigned deliverables against the tender/project schedule, within budget, and to the required quality level.
- Preparing for, managing, and coordinating engineering subcontractor scope of works.
- Performing engineering, technical preparation, and execution support of offshore wind projects.
- Assist projects in dealing with unexpected circumstances during execution (troubleshooting).
- Understanding and advising on how to manage project risks and their implications on programme, budget, and quality.
- Feeding lessons learned back into the Foundation Unit knowledge centre and contributing to continuous improvement.
- A Civil / Mechanical / Offshore Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- Strong analytical, practical, and pragmatic skills to solve complex problems.
- Experience in Installation engineering e.g. deck layout, lift & rigging plans, and operational procedures.
- Ability to perform and review rigging design and crane lifting studies.
- Ability to perform and review sea fastening/grillage designs of all components during the transportation phase.
- Ability to offer technical support and advice during the project execution phase.
- Knowledge of 3D / FEA software, i.e. Inventor and Ansys.
- Flexible and able to deal with change and work in a dynamic environment.
- Being a team player and good at forming connections within the company as well as externally.
- Having supervisory and coaching skills towards the (junior) installation engineers in our department.
- Willingness to occasionally travel (inter)nationally to project locations and the Netherlands office.