Senior Electrical Engineer - Hydro One Experience
Contract: 6 months contract with possibility of extension - hybrid remote
Location: Markham, Ontario
Our client is seeking a senior electrical engineer with Hydro One experience.
The candidate will provide electrical engineering services on small to medium projects for the Electrical discipline and interface well with the customer and coordinate with the rest of the project team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet our clients, and its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports, and comply with required checking procedures.
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes.
- provide advice during engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet our clients, and its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Coordinate/Communicate with other disciplines and the client.
- Support quality assurance and verification role on engineering deliverables
- Participate in the professional development of less experienced members of the department/team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Hydro One Codes & Standards related to HV/MV Substation (Indoor/Outdoor), Substation communication architecture, including teleprotection, telemetry, protection Relay setting/programing, ESCADA and experience in working on similar projects, interacting with Hydro One on above Technical requirements is mandatory.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to our client and and its customer.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and electrical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- 10 - 15 years of engineering experience in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of Instrumentation would be an asset.
- Strong knowledge on the development of the following deliverables.
- MV and LV systems
- Single line diagrams, schematics, interconnection and wiring diagram
- Layouts - lighting and grounding, cable routing design
- Substation and MCC design
- Area classification per code requirements
- Electrical calculations
- HVAC, Ventilation, and Fire Alarm/control system Experience
- Revamp and grassroots project experience
- Preparation of Specifications and Contract Documentation.
- Prepare electrical design and calculations in accordance with the relevant Canadian Codes / Standards and client preferences.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards, regulations, and practices.
- Team player, with excellent organizational, communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Power System Design/Studies and ETAP/SKM
- Basic knowledge of Computer Aided Design software.
- Basic knowledge of SmartPlant Electrical software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance