Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our client's Darlington project delivery team permanently.
This is an exciting career opportunity to join a well-established, experienced, and multidiscipline leading engineering company, delivering comprehensive and value-engineered solutions to customers in the hydrocarbon, petrochemical, and energy industries.
- Supervising assigned electrical engineers and electrical designers.
- Production and checking of design project deliverables on time and within budget.
- Leading the selection and development of electrical systems and control/distribution schemes to provide the best available technical/commercial solutions.
- Leading the preparation, checking, and maintenance of all electrical engineering designs and documentation for assigned projects using SmartPlant. Electrical (SPEL) and PTW or Trimble (formerly Amtech) software.
- Reviewing and evaluating documentation supplied by vendors.
- Leading all electrical work for project management consultancy projects including checking and commenting on engineering design and advising clients. on all electrical technical matters.
- Supporting the development of bids along with the production of man-hour equipment/ materials estimates in support of the Proposals team.
- Proactively carry out engineering analysis, design, specification, and procedural work where a benefit is identified.
- Following Company working procedures in the development of design documentation and in the use of the SmartPlant Engineering Environment.
- Communicating issues encountered in design to own and other disciplines to ensure the efficiency of the project team.
- Setting an example for continuous improvement within own discipline, Engineering Department, or the Company.
- Degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, as accredited by the Institute of Engineering Technology (IET).
- Extensive experience as an electrical engineer in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries.
- Electrical engineering aspects of various project phases from conceptual study through FEED and EPC to commissioning and operation.
- Good experience in design application of electrical design software packages such as PTW, Trimble (formerly Amtech), DIALux, and StrikeRisk.
- Working knowledge of the content and application of codes, standards, and accepted working practices in the Oil & Gas Industry, particularly European and North American codes, and standards.
- Experience working with overseas clients and external design houses.
- Experience working in a team of engineers/designers and setting work priorities in line with project requirements.
- Chartered engineer.
- Trained in the use of SmartPlant Electrical (SPEL).
- Cryogenic materials handling and storage.
- Proven experience working on projects as a Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Numeracy and commercial awareness.