To undertake engineering design for brownfield sustaining capital projects in the Mining, Minerals and Metals industry. Opportunities for other sustaining capital projects in the mining industry or greenfield design for future major projects.
The role will also require the engineer to have the ability to support throughout the life-cycle of phases from order of magnitude through to execution depending on the project scope.
All engineers are expected to be supporting design, other team members and be able to technically peer review deliverables as per their technical strengths.
Candidate requires proven lead experience on brownfield sustaining capital projects; responsibilities also require design engineering to be undertaken by the lead on projects (appropriate peer reviewer will be nominated for checking).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES OF POSITION:
- Deliver discipline specific engineering services that meet the client's and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake engineering design and technical verification of discipline project deliverables by others.
- Engineer a sustainable design considering construct-ability, operability and maintainability.
- Review discipline related Safety in Design risks throughout the project life-cycle, be responsible for action and close out.
- Perform discipline specific engineering services such as:
- prepare/assist and as required oversee the production of engineering calculations, drawings and documentation;
- ensure all deliverables are checked in accordance with Worley checking procedures;
- attend site visits as required;
- undertake discipline safety in design risk assessment for each project;
- participate in project reviews, HAZIDs/HAZOPs and safety in design workshops.
- initiate, manage and supervise, engineering assignments with the Workshare team; manage coordination and technical integrity on a regular basis as required to effectively deliver engineering services.
- Assist in scoping engineering requirements, methodologies and estimating engineering budget for competitive proposals in response to requests for quotations from clients.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the project stakeholders/team including the Lead Discipline Engineer, Work-share team and Project Engineer/Manager on design progress, budget, technical matters, quality and resource planning.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within the electrical discipline team, other parts of Worley, with clients and other stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and advice to the discipline, discipline team and project teams as required by position.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Establish and maintain relationships with contractors, clients and other Worley personnel; build relationships to grow the business and networks within the company
- Brownfield sustaining capital projects.
- Extensive experience in mining minerals and metals industry
- Experience with materials handling systems including conveyors, stockyards, material screening, reclaimers, stackers, minerals processing etc.
- Switchboard and MCC replacements
- Major projects and sustaining capital
- Rio Tinto, BHP, Mt Isa, Alcoa, South 32 highly preferable
- Experience across most phases of engineering projects from order of magnitude, conceptual, feasibility through to detailed design and execution and full understanding of deliverables required.
- Must have ability to work across multiple projects
- Good understanding and preferable experience at all phases of projects:
- Brownfield interfaces
- HV and LV systems
- Transmission and power distribution
- Electrical calculations required for design
- System studies, protection, earthing, arc flash, lightning studies
- Design drawings such as SLDs, schematics, terminations, schedules, layouts
- Site experience such as scoping solutions, condition assessments, punch listing, construction and commissioning
- Very good understanding of constructability, maintainability and operability aspects
- Equipment inspections, witnessing FATs, SATs
- Preparing ITPs, MTOs, datasheets, specifications, construction methodologies, philosophy documents, procurement and construction scope of works
- Input into electrical estimates and execution schedules
- Control system interfacing and instrumentation Shutdown planning
- Extensive technical, practical and leadership experience in the relevant discipline in the same or similar industry, including experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Approximately +10 year's experience in mining, resources and energy.