Energy Resourcing are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer for a 12 month contract position based in Aberdeen with our internal partner, to work on a long term Oil and Gas delivery project.
You will provide electrical engineering services to our client and its customers, including technical support and supervision within the electrical engineering team.
- Deliver electrical engineering services that meet company, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Initiate, manage and if required supervise electrical engineering project requirements.
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide assistance and advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, write requisitions, conduct technical bid evaluations and write purchase orders.
- If required, act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team - outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress and ensure the required services meet company, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between our client and their Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to company and its customers.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- A sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Competent use of electrical engineering specific software.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Substantial technical land practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering, management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.