Energy Resourcing are recruiting for a Senior Electrical Engineer, with our oil and gas operator client, for a 12 month contract position based in their Aberdeen office.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi discipline team to deliver technical support and deliverables to UK projects.
- Participate in technical audits and reviews, including HAZOP, SAFOP and peer assists.
- Deliver excellent HSE performance throughout the engineering phase of the project life cycles.
- Be able to manage and work in a team environment and handle multiple project responsibilities.
- Create demonstrable value for customers by understanding their drivers and success factors.
- Undertake technical work (designs, specifications and requirements)
- Be accountable for the quality of technical work and for the technical integrity, constructability, functionality, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Carry out appropriate discipline assurance checks and review of engineering and design work.
- Capture and apply internal/external learnings and incorporate improvements.
- Remain engaged in design issues and decisions throughout construction, commissioning and start-up.
- Ensure own discipline engineering and design work are successfully delivered and appropriate reviews conducted.
- Ensure quality of technical work and the technical integrity, functionality, constructability, safe operation and reliability of designs.
- Maintain effective interfaces and relationships.
- Demonstrable experience in HSSE - Electrical Safety.
- Experienced in oil and gas production and processing.
- Experience in large brownfield projects, including High Voltage and ATEX.
- Successful experience working as part of a team, self-motivated to learn/develop.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to listen effectively
- Awareness of operations and maintenance practices is preferred due to the high brownfield content of the projects.
- Develop awareness of project management control processes for management of change, cost and schedule estimating and monitoring.
- Already achieved Professional Registration as a Chartered Engineer.
- Ability to mentor and coach other team members.