Energy Resourcing are currently recruiting a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our clients' team on a permanent basis. The project will be delivered from Woking, Surrey.
- Supports / organises the preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Identifies requirements and scope of work; reviews Basis of Design, philosophies, specifications, and other relevant documents. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal to Lead / Principal Engineer.
- Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables.
- Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer / group manager.
- Undertakes specific tasks / area of work as defined by the Lead / Principal Engineer, including: Preparing Philosophies, Specifications, Single Line Diagrams, Schedules, Datasheets and preparation of technical requisitions for long lead items.
- Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Tests.
- Competent to review and check work carried out by other engineers, as delegated by Lead / Principal Engineer.
- Supports the Lead Electrical Engineer with Technical Bid Evaluations. Reviews vendor documentation and comments to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures equipment compatibility and conformance with client specifications and requirements. (Per Contract).
- Ensures compliance with the client's ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures.
- Complying with the client's accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Interfaces with other disciplines as necessary to ensure integrated and optimal design.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Lead / Principal Engineer.
- Typically Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Chartered Status preferred.
- Experience working for Engineering / Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
- Good Communication skills.
- Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Exposure to Consultancy, FEED / Detailed Design and EPC projects.
- Knowledge of international equipment specifications and codes.
- In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes.
- Activity Scheduling and discipline work priorities.
- Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures.