Energy Resourcing has a great opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer, to join one of our leading engineering clients based in Darlington, for a permanent position.
Our client specializes in the storage and handling of liquefied gases within the hydrocarbon, petrochemical and energy industries.
- Offer technical support to projects and proposals.
- Supply the best technical/ commercial solutions ensuring equipment conforms to project standards.
- Lead the E I & C engineering and draughting team in producing designs, drawings and other deliverables, man-hour control, ensuring quality and administration procedures are followed.
- Produce economical design solutions for Projects, Studies and Enquiries.
- Contribute to the efficiency of the project Team ensuring correct communication is conveyed to the correct function.
- Check vendor supplied documentation and monitor schedule progress.
- Production and checking of calculations, reports, data sheets and specifications.
- Production of material and man hour estimates as required.
- Ensure that all aspects of the design and engineering works are carried out in a diligent and professional manner.
- To liaise with other discipline engineers to ensure all interfaces are adequately covered.
- Production and checking of design calculations.
- Production and checking of reports and specifications.
- Production and checking of data sheets, design documents and rising of requisitions.
- Checking drawings, Schedules and MTOs.
- Checking Electrical control, power distribution, various electrical systems and vendor package equipment complies with company and project specifications..
- Responsible for the technical quality of work carried out.
- Responsible for the performance of the personnel within the team.
- Responsible for managing design sub-contracts.
- Reporting to the Project, the Project Engineering Manager and Electrical Section Lead.
- Responsible for man-hour and other budgetary control.
- Provide technical input to FEED, feasibility and other studies as required.
- Provide technical support to site personnel as required.
- Ensure the technical quality of work carried out.
- Ensure the timely completion of deliverables and man-hour control including reporting of progress.
- Ensure the performance of the personnel within the team.
- Undertake the management of design sub-contracts where required.
Skills & Qualifications
- HNC/HND in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Knowledge of codes, standards and accepted working practices within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries, including Cryogenic materials handling and storage
- Working knowledge of Electrical Design in accordance with both European and North American codes and standards
- Extensive experience as an Electrical Engineer within the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical industries, including Cryogenic materials handling and storage
- Experience working with overseas clients
Solid background in Electrical Engineering
Good communication skills at all levels