Senior Electrical Designer
Location: Louisville, KY
Energy Resourcing is looking for a Senior Electrical Designer for the Louisville office. The ideal candidate will work independently to complete the most demanding assignments through the application of advanced design theories, techniques, and practices. Recognized as an authority on relevant regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices for the control, development, and application of deliverables. May provide discipline supervision for one larger or one or more smaller projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists business development activities by maintaining a current personal profile and resume.
- Builds positive working relationships with external parties such as the customer, suppliers, and contractors.
- Supports proposals by advising on the project execution strategy, estimating costs, writing proposal content, and presenting to customers.
- May be called upon to lead all or part of the technical proposal
- Supports the business by communicating team resource loading and skill requirements to a direct supervisor or Discipline Design Chief.
- Ensures the project work is covered for vacation and unplanned absences.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training.
- Assists in the employee performance review process.
- Facilitates coverage of activities when people leave the team.
- Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes.
- Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues.
- Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications.
- Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful.
- Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence.
- Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- May participate in project execution strategy and planning.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports management of project change and progressing for the discipline and works with the Project Management
- Team to take corrective actions regarding any issues, staffing requirements, scope changes, progressing, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Plans discipline quality, monitors quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Minimum of 8+ years of Electrical Design experience
- 2-3 year technical diploma with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Working experience in refining, chemical, and petro-chemical facilities.
- A sound knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the Electrical Design, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Competent in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams..
- Will be fully proficient in specialty design tools, analytics and modeling, and cross-discipline data centric methods.
Who we are
Founded in 2006, Energy Resourcing is a trusted partner with a range of innovative recruitment and managed services. We provide recruitment services globally and focus on identifying top technical talent for project staffing and contract terms, as well as permanent hires. Our team has earned a strong reputation in the industry with both clients and candidates alike by delivering high-quality services.
Our core beliefs and values reflect who we are as a company and how we advocate for our candidates and our clients:
- we value Life
- we Rise to the Challenge
- we are Stronger Together
- we Unlock Brilliance