Senior Electrical Designer
- The ability to work independently to complete demanding assignments through the application of advanced design theories, techniques, and practices on several small and medium size projects.
- The ability to work within a team environment with a minimum of supervision and to Client, Company and Industry standards.
- Performs moderately to difficult drafting assignments requiring a working knowledge of established drafting techniques, standards, practices and software. Understands and applies company procedures as they pertain to the electrical discipline.
- The proven ability to oversee the preparation of design and detail drawings from sketches, plans or other design / specification data.
- Ability to take on responsibility for the design and drafting of HV and LV electrical installations.
- Direct the work of junior designers and ensure the drawings are in accordance with the client requirements and relevant project specifications.
- Have the experience to participate in design review with various clients and to advise on technical design and drafting issues and compliance requirements as appropriate.
- Be able to demonstrate a proven track record of completing a given work scope within time and budget constraints.
- Develop layouts, plans, sections, elevations, and details for facilities, equipment, etc. from reference drawings or catalogs.
- Performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings. Records and files electrical discipline documents.
- Ability to travel to job sites to perform site walkdown on raceway routing, etc.
- Responsible for the coordination of all electrical drawings.
- Quality Assurance - Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the project, etc.
Technical and Industry Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design.
- Experience with Smartplant Electrical (SPEL) and Smartplant Instrumentation (SPI), AutoCAD and MicroStation design software packages, AVEVA E3D is a plus
- Experience with the Smart Plant 3D, participate in 3D model reviews
- Specialization in the following: detailed drawings for lighting; small power and earthing systems; HV/LV single line diagrams; wiring and control schematic diagram; AC/DC distribution panels, process area electrical equipment layouts, substation and switchyard layouts, cable tray, above grade and underground cable layouts, ductbank sizing and layouts, preparation of installation details, grounding plans, lightning layouts.
- Cable schedules, cable pulling calculations, cable tray sizing calculations, cable selection & sizing calculations.
- Lighting calculations (using software AGI32, etc.)
- Material take-offs, selection of bulk materials.
- Heat Tracing system layouts.
- A Degree or Diploma in Electrical Design / Drafting with discipline specific training or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience in electrical design and drafting