Our engineering consulting client is seeking a Senior Electrical Designers to be working on upcoming new energy/ renewable project - Perth city based on an initial 12 months contract.
- Deliver discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the company, the client's and applicable Australian statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Perform discipline specific design and drafting services such as:
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes to scope comply with project change management processes;
- interpret and interface vendor equipment and/or third-party design documents into project design;
- check drawings and documentation are fit for the purpose they are intended and for conformity with the project scope;
- ensure all drawings and documents are checked in accordance with the company, checking procedures; and participate in project reviews as required
- Undertake design and drafting assignments in line with projects requirements on time and within budget, report to the overall Discipline Lead/Project Manager.
- Ability to undertake discipline lead roles across multiple sustaining capital projects or a major project and ensure that:
- Ability to undertake discipline lead roles across multiple sustaining capital projects or a major project and ensure that deliverables meet project and client requirements; overall technical integrity of deliverables meet quality expectations; and design is fit for purpose.
- Initiate, manage and supervise, design and drafting assignments with the Workshare team and any designers on the head office project team; manage coordination on a regular basis as required to effectively undertake the design
- Assist in scoping requirements and estimating design budget for proposals in response to requests for quotations for clients with the Bid Mangers and Lead Engineers.
- Communicate effectively with the project team, project lead, workshare team, other disciplines regarding all electrical discipline matters and consider interdisciplinary design interfaces.
- Identify issues and problems; develop appropriate and innovative solutions; and ask for assistance if required.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Proven skillset in utilizing the following software and tools:
- Microstation SE and or AutoCAD 18 and above;
- Microsoft Office, excel; and CAD conforming tools (or similar).
- Competent in 3D drafting to produce layouts in particular cable ladder layouts