Energy Resourcing are currently looking for a Senior Electrical Designer for a 12 month contract position based in Aberdeen with our internal partner, to work on an exciting Oil and Gas delivery project.
You will join the Electrical Department which provides concept, FEED and detailed design services for electrical power systems for onshore and offshore, oil & gas facilities.
- Execute engineering activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detail Design)
- Maintain the required technical quality of work
- Identify scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensure that designs comply with relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures
- Ensure, as far as is practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Develop awareness of technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Maintain good communication with the client
- Commitment to and promotion of values and ensuring the realisation of company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures
- Experience of working with a remote design team would be advantageous.
Skills & Qualifications
- HNC/HND or Equivalent in appropriate engineering subject
- Competent in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation
- Competent in the use of design and assessment methods used within discipline
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline.
- Competent in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work
- AutoCAD and Microsoft office capability required.
- Amtech, Dialux, PDMS capability advantageous