Senior Designer – Offshore Architectural
Position: 9M-12M Contract Role
Location: Houston, TX
* MUST BE AN EXPERIENCED ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER WITH OFFSHORE LIVING QUARTERS DESIGN EXPERIENCE.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works independently at an advanced level completing a wide variety of assignments through the application of advanced design theories, techniques, and practices. Has substantial knowledge of relevant regulations, codes, manufacturing standards, and industry standard practices for the control, development, and application of deliverables.
- Mentors/trains and supports the delivery of training. Encourages knowledge of and compliance with requirements and processes. Works to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues. Ensures discipline technical work and team activities meet all health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- Ensures team member adherence to generally accepted engineering and design practices, regulatory requirements, and customer specifications. Supports the standardization of equipment specifications, drawings, and document templates.
- Contributes to the understanding of technical knowledge, legal requirements, and customer specifications whenever viable and lawful. Uses local/global standards to support technical excellence. Supports checking, peer reviews, and incorporation of comments and findings.
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success. Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Gathers data from multiple sources. Assists with recommendations and helps create final documentation. Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions, and makes recommendations to support official project documents such as technical queries, technical deviations, etc. Creates final documentation incorporating all relevant information and pursues internal authorization.
- Seeks input from knowledgeable sources, participates in constructability, operability, and maintainability reviews, and incorporates requirements into design. May work with site personnel to resolve issues. May create plans or documents that supports construction, testing, commissioning, operations, maintenance, or decommissioning. May provide on-site support for construction, commissioning, or turn over.
- E3D/PDMS (Design/Draft/Draw) Experience – Min 8 years
- AutoCAD Experience – Min 8 years
- US Codes/Regulations (OSHA/AWS/AISC) – Min 8 years
- Offshore Structural Design Experience – Min 8 years
- Design and fabrication of marine structures installation and design of marine services, HVAC, Piping, and electrical
- Architectural layouts and details as those relate to Living Quarters, ships or FPSOs
- Good working understanding of carpentry and joinery works
- Good working understanding of sheet metal case work
- Internal Stairs layouts and details (Architectural)
- Access floor systems
- Wet Unit systems, installation, fit-out and interfacing
- Marine doors and windows – installation requirements
- Suspended ceiling systems and coordination with services