Energy Resourcing are currently searching for a Senior Control & Instrument Engineer on a contract basis. The project provides an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the new energy transformation in Europe.
- Provide Instrument Engineering services to Worley for a Main Service Agreement for a Client located in Grangemouth.
- Work activities for both projects and proposals will be executed across all phases of projects including Conceptual Studies; Basic; FEED; Detailed Design; Procurement through to Commissioning.
- Projects and proposals are for process plant and facilities across the Chemical; Oil and Gas; and Power sectors
- Project work will include development of Instrument Engineering deliverables as required on a project by project basis
- Project work as the functional Lead Engineer for projects as required by the C&I Group Manager, or a Senior Engineer on a large project reporting to the lead Instrument Engineer
Assist the C&I Group Manager in:
- Developing corporate procedures, standards, specifications and the required design tools for compliance with the SHE policy and efficient execution of production work
- Defining the Development and Training needs for the discipline, support graduate and young Engineer / designer development
- Considerable experience of Instrument Engineering on Medium / Large capital projects from concept to start-up.
- Competent of working within the C&I Discipline of a contracting organisation.
- Competent to Lead the C&I Discipline on Small Projects
- Degree qualified for the related discipline
- Have or are working towards Chartered Engineer status as a Member of the Institute of Measurement and Control (IMC) or Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET).
- Proven ability for equipment specification and selection and in ensuring compliance from the suppliers, preferably within an EPC contracting organization.
- Competent in project execution using selected design tools and techniques.
- Competent for budget & Schedule control / monitoring and reporting
- Competent in design safety, constructability,
- To be able to work to Company standards
- Innovative when appropriate.
- Competent in Electrical protection methodologies.
- Competent in Specification, technical bid analysis and requisitioning of Field Instrumentation and Analysers.
- Competent in the application, specification and requisitioning of DCS, PLC, and SIS systems, with experience of the system full lifecycle
- Competent in the Specification / Design / Implementation of Hazardous Area Instrumentation (ATEX).
- Site Surveys experience
- Competent in Instrumentation and Control requirements for Mechanical packages.
- Competent in Sizing of flow devices / control valves / relief devices.
- Competent in P&ID development.
- Automation and Control life cycle activities
- Safety System life cycle activities
- Fire & Gas systems
- Familiarity with exSILentia software package preferred
- Experience of working with global integrated delivery teams is preferred
- CompEx qualified